ECG, Echocardiography or Echocardiogram test in Ludhiana, Punjab
Echocardiography (ECHO) which is available for pediatric, fetal (unborn) and adult patients it is to see the size and function of various valves and valve in it and with the advent of color Doppler the function of the heart can be assessed properly particularly if suspecting heart problem.
An ECG records the electrical activity of the heart. The heart produces tiny electrical impulses that spread through the heart muscle to make the heart contract. These impulses can be detected by the ECG machine. You may have an ECG to help find the cause of symptoms such as the feeling of a ‘thumping heart’ (palpitations) or chest pain. Sometimes it is done as part of routine tests – for example, before you have an operation.
Reasons for patients being referred for an echo are varied, some examples are:
- Breathlessness or other symptoms during exertion
- To investigate the cause of a heart murmur
- To check the size of the heart chambers
- To check for fluid around the heart
- To check that heart muscles are the right thickness and are pumping correctly