Mammography Or Mammogram Test in Ludhiana, Punjab
Digital Mammography is the next generation in breast imaging digital technology with superior 3D imaging, and a scanning time of less than 20 seconds.
This is beneficial because patients receive 75% less radiation compared to the radiation from LM-screen mammograms. Also the accuracy is very high for smaller lesions, as they are displayed with greater clarity, and potential breast tumours can be detected more effectively.
Digital Mammography solves all the problems associated with conventional mammography such as incomplete imaging and ineffectiveness for dense breast tissue. Digital Mammography is more accurate, less painful, and faster.
Digital mammography practical advantages and patient conveniences:
- Because there’s no waiting for film to be developed, digital images are immediately available. That means patients spend less time in the exam room and rarely need to return for repeat images due to under or over exposures.
- The digital machine is fast, so patients spend less time in uncomfortable positions.
- Digital images are easily stored and retrieved.
- Transmission of images from one physician to another is quick and easy.
- Digital technology provides a platform for new technologies, such as CAD software, dedicated to advancing the early detection of breast cancer.