Mammographic tests are beneficial for examining the different issues of breasts. The mammographic tests used by the doctors for analyzing the breast tissue. Mammography is an X-ray imaging method used to examine the breast for the early detection of cancer and other breast diseases. It is used as both a diagnostic and screening tool.
What is a mammographic test?
Mammography is an X-ray procedure. The X-rays taken from a mammographic machine are known as mammograms. These mammograms are useful for a doctor to detect breast cancer at an early level. Regular mammograms can identify breast cancer.
Reason for the mammograms
A mammogram is a type of X-ray picture of the breast. Mammograms are helpful to examine the early signs of cancer of the breast. Daily basis mammograms are lucrative for finding breast cancer early. The human body takes a minimum of three years to notice the symptoms of breast cancer. The Mammography Test in Ludhiana is done at Kalyan Diagnostics.
Symptoms of breast cancer
People notice many symptoms if they are suffering from breast cancer. You may notice the following symptoms.
- You may feel lumps in the area of the breast and underarm.
- Feel swelling and thickening of the breast.
- Feel irritation and dimple breast skin.
- Redness and breaking skin of the nipple area and area of the breast.
- Pain in any area of the breast.
- Pain around the nipple area.
- Discharge from the nipple other than the milk, blood also includes.
- Notice the change in shape and size of the breast.
If you notice any symptoms, then you should go to the best Diagnostic center in Ludhiana. Kalyan Diagnostics is considered the best diagnostic center.
Cause of breast cancer
Many things are responsible for breast cancer. Things such as age, hormonal medications, contraceptive pills and lifestyle factors can cause breast cancer.
- Age: Breast cancer occurs after the age of 50. The menstrual cycle stops after 50. Menopause is a reason for breast cancer after the age of 50.
- Background history: if anyone in your family has ovarian cancer, it is at risk of breast cancer. There are the chances that you will also suffer from breast cancer because cells of cancer are also present in the genetic material.
- The dense tissue: The woman’s breast contains thousands of tiny glands. These are called lobules. Lobules are also known as milk glands. The tissue of glands is very dense. Women who have denser tissue are at the risk of breast cancer because it gives more space for the generation of cancer cells.
Hormones and hormonal medicines:
- Estrogen: An important hormone secretion named estrogen also causes breast cancer. The storage for eggs, called ovaries, starts producing estrogen at the start of puberty. It helps to regulate your periods.
- HRP: Hormonal replacement therapies can cause breast cancer if it is taken more than once a year. Except for vaginal estrogen, other HRP can be a reason for breast cancer.
- Contraceptive pills: Many women take contraceptive pills. The studies of the researcher show that the pills have a component that increases the risk of breast cancer.
Lifestyle of a person
- Alcohol and drugs: Alcohol and drugs can increase the risk of breast cancer.
- Increase in weight: Obesity is a major problem. Many problems occur because of obesity. Obesity can be responsible for a high risk of breast cancer.
- Radiation: People who are working in laboratories where X-ray and CT scans are done are at risk of breast cancer. These radiations are really dangerous for health. If you had an X-ray and CT done, then the chances of breast cancer are there.
Diagnosis for breast cancer.
Doctors suggest you take different kinds of X-rays. With the help of these X-rays, doctors decide the treatment plan.
- Physical examination of breast
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
- CT scan
- Sample of cells of the breast
- Ultrasound of breast
Treatment of breast cancer
There are two types of treatment according to the level of breast cancer: surgery and therapies.
Surgeries are helpful in removing the lumps and cancer cells from the breast. The steps are as follows:
- Lumpectomy: In this step, only cancer cells are removed
- Mastectomy: Mastectomy is to remove the breast. It mostly performs in highly affected patients.
- Sentinel node biopsy: in this surgery, a limited number of lymph nodes are removed.
- Axillary lymph node dissection: Many lymph nodes are removed in this.
- Removal of both breasts: Many women have breast cancer on one side only. They have to choose the removal of another breast because of genetic predisposition.
Types of Therapies
Several types of therapies are beneficial for reducing the risk of breast cancer.
- Radiation therapy
- Hormonal therapy
Breast cancer is a common problem in women in today’s era. The reason is an unhealthy diet and a busy lifestyle. To reduce the chances of breast cancer, females should eat the proper diet and live a healthy lifestyle.