Many people are suffering from different problems. Different types of tests are useful to know about the different problems that can occur in your body. MRI is a type of scan that can create clear and detailed images of the situation of the organ inside the body. In this type of scan, magnetic and radio waves are used to create the images on the computer. It is also used for text neck diagnosis of cervical pain. For getting a quality MRI, book an appointment with the best Diagnostic centre in Ludhiana.
What is the definition of MRI?
MRI stands for Magnetic resonance imaging. The majority of people have heard about the MRI, which is an abbreviation. Radio Waves and powerful magnets are used to take the image from the depth of the human body. MRI images give you the correct and proper information about each and everything that is going on inside your body. An MRI report gives you appropriate information about your health conditions.
What is the definition of text neck syndrome?
The text neck syndrome is also called tech neck. It is used to describe neck pain and damage stemming that is caused by looking down for a long time at mobiles, tablets and other handheld devices. Another reason for neck pain is poor posture and weak bones of the spine. Nowadays, people spend a lot of time on smartphones and computers, which increases the stress on the neck, and pain begins.
Cause of text neck syndrome
There are several factors that are responsible for text neck syndrome.
- Muscle strains: Spending more hours on smartphones and computers can cause muscle pain; even minor things like reading in bed can also affect the muscles.
- Worn joints: As with other joints in the body, neck joints tend to wear with age. In response to this wear and tear, the body often forms bone spurs that can affect joint motion and cause pain.
- Nerve compression: Herniated disks or bone spurs in the vertebrae of the neck can press on the nerves branching out from the spinal cord.
- Injuries: Rear-end auto collisions often result in whiplash injury. It occurs when the head jerks backwards and then forward, straining the soft tissues of the neck.
- Diseases: Certain diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis, meningitis or cancer, can cause neck pain.
Symptoms of text neck syndrome
You will get several symptoms when you need an MRI Scan for the treatment of neck pain.
- Severe pain: Pain in the neck, shoulder or upper back is a typical characteristic of text neck. It can range from a dull ache to a sharp pain.
- Muscle tightness and spasms: Your muscles of the neck become tight and sometimes swell.
- Decreased ability to move the head.
- Reduce mobility: Text neck can cause tightness, making it difficult to move your neck.
- Headache: Chronic headaches can stem from tight suboccipital muscles. Posture aside, excessive time spent looking at screens can also increase the risk of headaches and eyestrain.
Treatment of text neck syndrome with some preventions.
- Rest and Avoiding Device Use: The first step in treating text neck injury is to rest the affected area and avoid the use of mobile devices, computers or any other activities that exacerbate the pain.
- Ice or Heat Therapy: Applying ice or heat to the affected area can help reduce pain and inflammation. Ice therapy is recommended during the first 24-48 hours after injury, while heat therapy can be used after that to help relax the muscles.
- Physical Therapy: Physical therapy can help relieve pain and stiffness and improve the range of motion by using exercises and stretches that focus on the neck and upper back muscles.
- Massage Therapy: Massage therapy can help reduce muscle tension and increase blood flow to the affected area, which can help relieve pain and improve flexibility.
- Posture Correction: Correcting poor posture habits can help prevent future text neck injuries. Simple changes like raising the device screen to eye level, taking frequent breaks, and stretching can make a big difference.
Cervical MRI for Neck pain
An MRI Scan can be beneficial just to get the information and condition of your bones. An MRI Scan is a radiation-free and noninvasive imaging technique that provides you with concrete evidence about the suspected issues. In this procedure, powerful magnets, computer technology and detailed imaging techniques are used to click the images.
Nowadays, before the treatment, doctors suggest an MRI Scan. For an MRI Test in Ludhiana, visit the best diagnosis center named Kalyan Diagnosis.